Sunday, August 24, 2008

Did I do it out of Love or because I was suppose to?

Today our launch team met at a local park in wilmington not knowing that we were about to experience a divine opportunity. After arriving at the park we noticed that some people were hanging out in the pavilion we had rented. We eventually found out they were homeless people who hung out there most weekends. We did out nice little churchy thing and fed them our leftovers which I am sure for a while made us or at least me feel good about myself until now. As I have sat here and reflected on this good deed, I had to ask myself a really tough question. Did I (we) do it because we genuinely loved those people or because it just was the good thing to do? Maybe I am being a little hard on myself but more than anything my desire is to be like Christ and I know that Christ would genuinely love those people. What I (we) should have done is feed them and then if there is any leftovers eat ourselves. Lord help me to really begin to understand what it means to love people as Christ and put others before myself.

Matthew 25:40 "Whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

What will you do? 
What will I do?  If faced with a divine opportunity to LIVE like Christ, and LOVE like Christ?

THE CHOICE IS OURS?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading your post, Ash's post and even re-reading my own comments about the events Sunday, I was struck by something. Each of us mentioned something that we should have done differently or questioned our real motivation. Maybe we are focusing on the wrong thing. There's always room for improvement in everything we do, that's certainly true. But yesterday, a group of individuals took a step forward - maybe a small, tentative step but it was a spontaneous step we took as a team. No one had to be convinced. Everyone was on the same page. And look at the impact it has had on us. There's new soul searching and self-examination. I think God, as He always does, accomplished exaclty what He intended. Our eyes and hearts were opened and we responded together - as one. That's just awesome!

Lead Pastor of Crosswinds Church

Lead Pastor of Crosswinds Church

playlists