Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pursuit of Growth

So I sat in Church on Sunday at Port City Community Church only to be challenged one more time. The whole message was based around Prepare HIM Room. As i sat and listened I realized that I had not been intentionally pursuing to prepare HIM room. I realized that I had come to a point in my walk with Christ where I had become satisfied with where I was and God was asking for more. It was my time to take the next step, go to the next level, pursue after him in a more passionate way.  One of the things that the Lord showed me was that there was a balance to going to the next level and it involved a total pursuit of health in all areas. For the pats 6 months I have become so consumed with church planting that health had lost importance. God opened my eyes to seeing that part of my spiritual growth was understanding balance spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally.  So i come before you with a challenge to search deep within your own soul and see the areas of your life that are unhealthy. You don't have to wait until the new year to start making changes. Here are some questions to ask yourself as you move toward health.

Spiritual
What does your soak time with the Lord look like?

Physical
How are you eating?
What are you doing to strengthen your body?

Mental
What are you reading that is encouraging you and challenging you?

Emotional
How are you managing stress?
How are you processing your emotions and feelings each day?


Remember pick 3 critical areas to focus on this week. Challenge yourself to just take small steps toward health and if you mess up one day kick yourself in the butt and keep going JUST DON'T GIVE UP!!

Just so you know I am doing this as well so here are my goals for the week.

2 times this week - run/walk 20 minutes
portion control at meals - drink lots of water - limit sweets
A more focused Soak Time - Train the brain to focus
Download the day with Ashley - and finish by praying together (everyday) before she falls asleep

God Loves each of us but he doesn't want us to stay where we are. It's time for each of us to take some next steps to spiritual, emotional, mental and yes even physical health. 

I started reading Matthew 5:1-16 this morning it was a great encouragement to me and a great reminder. Read it, Pray it, Learn it, and then LIVE it. 
Have a great day and start the week off right. Taking a step toward health.

Last thing is tell your spouse or a friend what you are going to do, then allow them to be your encourager and also kick you in the butt if you are not doing it. 

Remember Love God with everything, and Give Him Everything because He deserves it.

2 comments:

Randi Jo :) said...

those are all awesome goals. we're actually at that same point and have put together some goals that look very similiar. praying for you all :)

Randi Jo :) said...

pastor chris --- sorry I couldn't find your email on here so I'm just writing a comment. Brandon & I would like to sit down and talk with you. after the new year if things are crazy right now. :) Merry Christmas!!!

Lead Pastor of Crosswinds Church

Lead Pastor of Crosswinds Church

playlists